Neue Materialien Fürth GmbH
In the continuous powder extrusion pressing process (Temconex® process), the powder is fed into the groove that runs all the way round a rotating extrusion wheel. The powder is transported in the wheel's direction of rotation by friction. A stationary die holder covers part of the extrusion wheel. Between them, these two components create an extrusion chamber in which the material that is fed in is compacted, and heated by friction and shearing. A counterpiece that protrudes into the groove terminates the chamber.
The material flow is diverted around this obstacle in such a way that it accumulates just in front of the die. Once the material reaches its yield point, it is extruded through the die radially with respect to the extrusion wheel.
ADVANTAGES OF Temconex® technology:
- Wide range of materials, including aluminium, copper, silver and their alloys
- Composites (MMCs) can be processed
- Variety of feedstock geometries from powder to granules
- Chips can be recycled
- Variety of final geometries from wires and profiles to rods and piping
- Excellent surface quality
- Fully compacted end product with outstanding mechanical properties
- High material and energy efficiency
- Short process chain with high level of automation
- Forming to achieve the final geometry in a single step